Data Protection Administrator
Reporting To: Quality, Safety and Risk Manager/Data Protection Officer
Hours of Work: Full-Time, 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Temporary, 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Data Protection Administrator will report to the Data Protection Officer (DPO). Responsibilities include advising on our compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws, monitoring our adherence to GDPR standards and acting as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of GDPR and local data protection laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and evaluate the organisation’s data processing activities
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments as per DPO instructions
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the organisation
- Maintain records of processing operations
- Liaise with departments that process data
- Maintain and establish a register of data owners for sets of information
- Assist with updating guides on data protection policies
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Arrange for training on GDPR compliance for employees
- Conduct a full Risk Assessment of the data held in each department
- Develop, implement and maintain a database to capture information of all the data which has been destroyed.
- Support all departments to destroy all data within the documentation (soft/hard) which does not meet the current GDPR legislation in line with the service’s GDPR Policy.
- Identify and support champions in each department to ensure compliance
- Assist in maintaining data identification inventories and data flow maps and update as necessary.
- Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate or equivalent in General Data Protection
- 3 years Administration Experience with at least 6 months experience in General Data Protection Regulation
- Be competent in using Microsoft Packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Previous experience of working in the Healthcare Sector
- Diploma/degree or equivalent in General Data Protection
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full job description and person specification contact Fiona Broxson, HR department in LauraLynn, E: email@example.com Informal enquiries please contact Ailie Moseley, Data Protection Officer on 01 2893151 or E: AMoseley@lauralynn.ie