Discovery Co-Ordinator (Disability Residential Services)
We are currently seeking applicants from talented and dynamic persons to support the implementation of the Organisation’s Strategic Plan. This post will address our strategic objective, ‘to provide an exemplar disability residential service, in an appropriate setting, to the adults in our care’.
Reporting To: Director of Nursing
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Contract Type: 2 year fixed term temporary
Salary: Aligned to HSE Consolidated pay scales at either Social Care Leader or CNM1 grade, as appropriate.
Core areas of focus in the role will be to:
- Develop creative individualised service arrangements.
- Manage Critical Relationships.
- Support transition to new service arrangements.
- Support and maintain community inclusion.
- Hold an RNID qualification AND be registered with The Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland. RGN’s with experience of the disability sector are also welcome to apply OR hold a minimum of a QQ1 Level 6 qualification in Social Care Studies or equivalent.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a similar setting supporting people with significant intellectual disabilities and complex disabilities.
- Applicants must have an understanding of and experience of working with vulnerable people.
- In addition, an understanding of the principles and practice of community work and development is essential.
- Good understanding of intellectual disability & HIQA regulations.
- Qualification in SSDL (Supported Self Directed Living) or SRV (Social Role Valorisation) theory.
- Programme and project management experience.
- Understanding of Social Role Valorisation or any other concept of individualisation.
- Experience of working with teams and/or families.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Previous experience of setting individualised plans, person centred meetings.
- Experience of working with Volunteers.
- Support for professional development and opportunities for progression.
- Modern and growing range of services.
- Pension and sick pay scheme.
- Free parking and subsidised meal.
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Cycle to work scheme and Health Services Credit Union.
- VHI Health Insurance group scheme.
For a full job description and person specification contact the HR Department: E:HR@lauralynn.ie.
For informal enquiries please contact Anne-Marie Carroll (Director of Nursing), 01 2893151 or e-mail HR@lauralynn.ie.