Senior Occupational Therapist (Maternity Cover)
Reporting to: Director of Nursing
Hours of Work:Part Time (22.5 hours per week)
Contract Type: Specified Purpose, Maternity Leave Cover
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Occupational Therapist to cover maternity leave. This post will be
assigned to the LauraLynn palliative care services, the post holder may be required to rotate occasionally to the onsite disability service.
The Senior Occupational Therapist will work in conjunction with the Family Support Team in ensuring the co-ordination, development and delivery of a quality, service user-centred occupational therapy service to meet the needs of the service user group and the objectives of the organisation.
The Senior Occupational Therapist will be responsible for the provision of a high standard occupational therapy service in LauraLynn and will carry out clinical and educational duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing. The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary family support team.
Ideally the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy from NUI Galway, the University of Dublinor University College Cork or Master of Science from the University of Limerick or Diploma from the College of Occupational Therapy, or Recognised qualification at least equivalent to (a) or (b) or (c) which complies with the Minimum Standards of Practice Education in Ireland (Revised March 2008)
- A minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification clinical experience employed as an Occupational Therapist
- Relevant Occupational Therapy experience in the following clinical specialisms: Palliative Care, Paediatrics, Dementia Care, Mental Health or Intellectual Disability
- Experience of using creative occupations/ interventions in working practice such as sensory,music, play, art, cooking, drama etc.
- CORU Registration (Regulating Health & Social Care Professionals) Registration is mandatory for all practising occupational therapists in Ireland.
How to Apply:
For a full job description and person specification contact Fiona Broxson, HR Department, Ph: 01 289
3151 or E: email@example.com
For informal enquiries please contact Anna Brown, Senior Occupational Therapist, Ph: 01 2893151 or