The LauraLynn Children's Hospice website has been designed to meet WCAG 2.0 AA and to be accessible to the widest possible audience - including older people and people with disabilities who may be using Assistive Technology. Our website has been built to follow the requirements of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and all content conforms to WCAG 2.0.
The website design has been built with a high level of colour contrast to ensure all content and controls are clear and legible. The site is designed to be responsive - and to work well on a range of modern mobile devices.
Measures to support accessibility
Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the WAI website:
- Include accessibility as a requirement for all web content. Content must meet WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1 AA, and should meet AAA as feasible.
- Ensure content authors have accessibility knowledge and skills.
- Include accessibility as part of our mission.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the LauraLynn website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- You can also contact use about accessability issues through our website.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The LauraLynn website is designed to be compatible with assistive technologies and the last two versions of major browsers.
In Internet Explorer 10, 11, and older browsers, some aspects of the website may not display optimally. The website is not designed for Internet Explorer 9 and earlier versions.
The WAI website relies upon the following technologies for conformance with WCAG 2.1:
The following technologies are used to improve accessibility and the user experience for everyone:
You may exerience issues on the contrast of colours depending on monitor settings on your device and can be not as legible as per the origional website CSS design.