Children’s Disability Service
Hazel House is a Respite House for Children which provides respite care to children with severe/profound intellectual disability and complex care needs with a maximum occupancy of seven children at any time.
Our mission for our Children’s Disability Respite Service is:
- To provide a Community of Care that delivers evidence-based, personalised services to children with complex care needs and complex disabilities.
- To advance the development and delivery of services to children with complex care needs and complex disabilities through advocacy, research and education.
- To support the children in our care to reach their full potential.
- To deliver exemplar, holistic care; within a dynamic culture of compassion, collaboration and excellence.
In 2019 the Service launched our Strategic Plan ‘Growing a Community of Care’ for 2019 – 2023, which outlines our core objectives for the Children’s Disability Respite Service as to:
- Extend our children’s disability respite service in the greater Dublin area to serve more children and families.
- Build the financial, human, educational and reputational resources necessary for us to achieve this ambition.
These objectives reflect our determination to make every day better for those in our care through the provision of high-quality, clinical and social care, in an environment that promoters inclusion, having fun and making the most of every moment.
Respite and Crisis Care support is provided to children with severe/profound learning difficulties, accompanying physical disabilities, complex medical and healthcare needs and who may have additional sensory impairments. Referrals are accepted from Families or Health Care Professionals, all referrals must have parental consent and accompanying updated medical reports. You can download our respite and crisis care support referral form below.
The Children's Disability Service is a Registered Service for Children and Adults with Disabilities with the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA). Inspection Reports can be located on HIQA under The Children's Sunshine Home.