Adult Disability Residential Service
While we no longer accept admissions to our residential care programme we are committed to supporting each individual currently living in the service in a person-centred environment.
Our mission for our Disability Residential Service is:
- To provide a Community of Care that delivers a home where quality-of-life is paramount.
- To advance the development and delivery of services to those we support through advocacy, research and education.
- To support each individual in our care to reach their full potential.
- To deliver exemplar, holistic care; within a dynamic culture of compassion, collaboration and excellence.
In 2019 the Service launched our Strategic Plan ‘Growing a Community of Care’ for 2019 – 2023, which outlines our core objectives for the disability residential service as to:
- Enhance our adult disability service to ensure it’s an exemplar service and the best possible home for our residents.
- Build the financial, human, educational and reputational resources necessary for us to achieve this ambition.
These objectives reflect our determination to make every day better for those in our care through the provision of high-quality, clinical and social care, in an environment that promoters inclusion, having fun and making the most of every moment.
The Disability Residential Service is a Registered Residential Service for Children and Adults with Disabilities with the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA). Inspection Reports can be located on HIQA under The Children's Sunshine Home.