Children’s Disability Residential Service
Hazel House Residential Respite House for Children provides respite care to children with complex care needs with a maximum occupancy of seven children at any time.
While we no longer accept referrals for residential services we are committed to supporting children that are already in residential placement for ongoing care.
Our mission for our Children’s Disability Residential Respite Service is:
- To provide a Community of Care that delivers evidence-based, personalised services to children with complex care needs and complex disabilities.
- To advance the development and delivery of services to children with complex care needs and complex disabilities through advocacy, research and education.
- To support the children in our care to reach their full potential.
- To deliver exemplar, holistic care; within a dynamic culture of compassion, collaboration and excellence.
In 2019 the Service launched our Strategic Plan ‘Growing a Community of Care’ for 2019 – 2023, which outlines our core objectives for the Children’s Disability Residential Respite Service as to:
- Extend our children’s disability respite service in the greater Dublin area to serve more children and families.
- Build the financial, human, educational and reputational resources necessary for us to achieve this ambition.
These objectives reflect our determination to make every day better for those in our care through the provision of high-quality, clinical and social care, in an environment that promoters inclusion, having fun and making the most of every moment.
Respite and Crisis Care support is provided to children with profound learning difficulties, accompanying physical disabilities, complex medical and healthcare needs and who may have additional sensory impairments. Referrals are accepted from Families or Health Care Professionals, all referrals must have parental consent and accompanying updated medical reports. You can download our respite and crisis care support referral form below.
The Children's Disability Residential Service is a Registered Residential Service for Children and Adults with Disabilities with the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA). Inspection Reports can be located on HIQA under The Children's Sunshine Home.